Freitag, 3. Mai 2013

W7 - Metallic Neptune (Swatch + Comparison)

Since I'm really tired today, I'm just going to continue with some long overdue swatches. I don't remember when I started swatching the Metallic Planetes collection by W7... but it was quite a while ago... just looking at how long my nails were back then.

So here's W7 Metallic Neptune. In my swatches you see Neptune on all but my ringfinger nail. That one has Model's Own Emerald Black. I don't remember how many coats I did. At least two, at most three plus topcoat.




At first glance, there's barely any difference between these two polishes. But for polish enthusiasts there's a huge difference ;) Neptune is a really blackened teal, while Black Emerald is a blackened green, just as the name suggests. I prefer the Model's Own out of these two. The green looks more interesting than the teal and seems to glow from within, while Neptune is pretty, but it's lacking that special something. Both are supposed to be duochromes, but I don't see it in either. Maybe it's just too subtle for my understanding of duochrome.



Even though I prefer Emerald Black colorwise, I prefer the W7 formula. I just can't stand the smell of Model's Own polishes. The only brand that stinks even worse is Kleancolor... So in the end, for me, I'd give them the same rating. I'll keep both. :)

Thanks for reading!

6 Kommentare:

  1. Netpune hab ich auch, mit dem wollte ich schon ewig endlich mal Galaxy Nails machen. Sieht aus wie prädestiniert dafür ;)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Da hast du Recht... der Lack wäre eigentlich die perfekte Base für Galaxy Nails. (die ich auch noch ausprobieren muss ^^;)

      Löschen
  2. Gefällt mir sehr gut die Farbe!

    lg Klaudia
    http://ohohmydear.blogspot.co.at/ (Übrigens heute ist der letzte Tag meines Zalando Gewinnspiels :) )

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Die Farbe ist sehr schön. Aber W7 würde ich mir wegen des 'Geruchs' nie wieder zulegen. Als ich meinen lackiert habe, sind sogar die Fliegen aus dem Wohnzimmer geflüchtet, weil der Lack so gotterbärmlich stank *schauder*.

    Liebe Grüße,
    Elena

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Echt? Ich finde die W7-Lacke nicht wirklich schlimm. Da gibt es mit Kleancolor oder model's own ganz andere Kaliber... bei denen ich mir schon eher sehr schwer tue weitere Lacke in Betracht zu ziehen. ^^

      Löschen
  4. I think I prefer the green version the best too - but both are beautiful!

    AntwortenLöschen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...