Sonntag, 22. Januar 2012

Water Marble Mess

It has been a long time since I tried to do a water marble mani. I failed every single try so far... but on New Years Eve I felt like trying again and I think I'm starting to get the hang of it.

It seems that I can't use my local tap water to water marble. It doesn't matter if the tap water is cold, warm or room temperature, the nail polish just clumps and falls to the bottom of the cup. So I tried bottled water. Well, I only have sparkling mineral water, which meant that I had to wait a little while until I could try to marble. ^^; But it worked. The polish didn't clump at all! When I try next time, I'll know what to do. I have to practice dragging the polish correctly, but I think for my first real try it looks ok.

Excuse the messy look. I didn't tape my fingers well enough it seems ^^;




I like my thumbs the best. I love how in some parts, the polishes would mix up to create a new color but still look crisp enough. I used p2 fancy, OPI Glitzerland and a brown polish by [b]asic.

A day later, I added one coat of essence Make it golden. It looked better in real life, but I still didn't like it too much ^^;

Have you tried to water marble? Any tips you want to share with me?

5 Kommentare:

  1. Ein super Ergebnis :)
    Bei mir sahen die Finger bei weitem nicht so toll aus-.-*
    Du forderst mein Schul-Englisch immer aufs neue heraus :D
    Also als ich es mal ausprobiert habe, hab ich eine Handcreme um die Finger geschmiert.
    Ist viel einfacher als Tesafilm (hast du glaub ich, wie ich es rauslesen konnte?^^)zu benutzen, vielleicht wäre das ein Tip für dich :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Diese Technik hab ich vor einiger Zeit auch schonmal getestet und wollte es seid dem eigentlich immer mal wieder vernünftig gemacht haben.
    Dein Post erinnert mich gerade so daran :D.
    Finde die Technik cool, ist auch mal was anderes :).
    Dein Ergebnis ist doch ganz hübsch geworden :)

    Liebe Grüße, Jenny

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Finde das es sehr schön aussieht :)

    LG

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Das sieht doch toll aus. Ich hab's 2 oder 3 Mal probiert und dann völlig entnervt aufgegeben. Vielleicht sollte ich's wie Du, nochmal mit stillem Mineralwasser versuchen.

    Lg

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Love, love, love! Never thought to water-marble metallics before! Das ist fantastisch (oh the hight school deutsch is rusty!!!!)

    AntwortenLöschen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...